Paul’s Motors was founded in January 1973, by Paul Le Page in partnership with J E Collback & Sons (Guernsey) Limited. Paul left his job as Workshop Foreman at Ruette Braye Motors and purchased the current site from former owner Bill Green who had specialised in motorcycle sales and repairs since the 1950’s.
Paul’s Motors opened for business on 26th January 1973 with franchises ŠKODA and Audi. In 1976 Paul replaced Audi with Mitsubishi. In 1978 Paul became sole owner of Paul’s Motors Limited. Paul remained with ŠKODA and Mitsubishi until 1988 and 1991 respectively. Not yet ready to retire he continued in used car sales alongside service and repair until 1996.
Carl, Paul’s son, joined the business in 1996 when the company decided to take back the ŠKODA franchise. ŠKODA had become part of the Volkswagen Group a few years earlier and was rapidly improving. Carl proceeded to take over the business in 1999. He strives to maintain the goals set by his father to provide a friendly, reliable and professional service to every customer.
Henry, Carl’s son, joined the business in 2021, allowing this successful family business of 49 years to keep growing. Henry says that he is passionate and determined in making sure the business maintains it’s well renowned reputation as they prepare themselves for an exciting future ahead within the motor industry.
Along with the ŠKODA franchise, they also buy and sell used cars, offer servicing, parts, body and paint repairs. A truly local success story!